APR Actuarial Analyst Scheme
About the Actuarial Analyst scheme
We are always keen to attract high-quality Actuarial Analysts looking to pursue the Certified Actuarial Analyst (CAA) qualification. This is a globally recognised and portable qualification awarded by a highly-regarded profession (see links below for more information) and so successful candidates will have the opportunity to gain a meaningful qualification while earning and quickly developing some great skills and experience. The CAA qualification, along with your working experiences and APR’s regular training, provide a great foundation for future career development and specialisation in areas that interest you most, including the potential to work towards further professional qualifications such as in data science or becoming a fully-fledged actuary.
This programme is perfect for talented, highly numerate school leavers or those with some further academic / employment experience, who want to develop a career in areas that are widely anticipated to be in high demand in future - these include finance, data analysis, coding and modelling.
Why choose APR?
APR's actuarial analyst scheme provides a fantastic start to your actuarial career, without the need to have been to university:
- You will be joining a very select team of outstanding actuarial staff, as we only take on the best candidates and don't compromise on quality - as demonstrated by our actuarial exam record and excellent client feedback.
- As an APR analyst you will receive some of the best training in the industry, from a highly experienced team of colleagues - you'll be given hands-on training in a variety of software packages, coding languages, and key technical and professional skills to ensure a lightning start to your development so that you're equipped to dazzle our clients while working on projects.
- You'll have the chance to make a significant impact early on in your APR career, whether it be delivering high-quality solutions to clients or working on in-house projects, helping to develop our successful business.
- An analyst role with APR will give you unrivalled variety in your work, through exposure to different types of clients across the whole spectrum of actuarial work, offering a real breadth of experience.
- APR will fully support you through the whole CAA qualification, both financially and with high-quality training. You will also be provided with a mentor who you can turn to for day-to-day support and who will look after your ongoing development and future career plans.
- This is an opportunity to 'earn while you learn'. With a generous starting salary plus bonus, and future increases based on experience and performance, the analyst role is a great chance to work towards a meaningful qualification without accumulating student debt!
Follow the links below to see some profiles of current staff, download a copy of our current analyst brochure or to apply to the scheme, and also to wider external resources.