APR Actuarial Analyst Scheme
About the Actuarial Analyst scheme
We are now recruiting for Actuarial Analysts looking to pursue the Certified Actuarial Analyst (CAA) qualification (see www.caa-global.org). This is a globally recognised and portable qualification awarded by a highly-regarded profession. Successful candidates will therefore have the opportunity to gain a meaningful qualification while earning and quickly developing some great skills and experience. Where appropriate the qualification may be gained in an approved apprenticeship framework.
This programme is perfect for talented, highly numerate school leavers or graduates who want to develop a career in areas that are widely anticipated to be in high demand in future - these include finance, data analysis, coding and modelling.
Why choose APR?
We believe working with APR offers unrivalled, wider opportunities to kick-start your career:
- This is an opportunity to 'earn while you learn'. With a generous starting salary plus bonus, and future increases based on experience and performance, the analyst role is a great chance to work towards a meaningful qualification without accumulating student debt!
- As well as the salary and study package, you will receive intensive, hands-on training in a variety of software packages, coding languages, and key technical and professional skills to ensure both your continuing development and that you're equipped to dazzle our clients while working on projects.
- Working with APR will give you the opportunity to work in many different roles and companies across the UK (and possibly beyond!), broadening your experience while keeping things interesting.
- You will be provided with a mentor who you can turn to for day-to-day support and who will look after your ongoing development and future career plans, as well as introduce you to your colleagues and APR's social activities.
- APR will fully support you through the whole CAA qualification, both financially and through high-quality training. (Don't worry, you will be given days off work to study for the exams!) As well as being a valued qualification in its own right, the CAA qualification can also be used as a stepping stone to becoming an actuary and therefore taking this route does not curtail your ultimate career ambitions.
"Since starting at APR, I have received high quality training about various subjects, including communication skills, technical mathematics and Excel"
"The CAA role is the ideal route for me to gain exposure to the industry and learn the basics of an actuarial career, before hopefully progressing to full qualification with the IFoA"