ARC Webinar Series: Minimising Longevity and Investment Risk while Optimising Future Pension Plans (Webinar)
Through its Actuarial Research Centre (ARC), the IFoA is sponsoring a research programme that seeks to develop pension product designs that keep the customers’ needs at the forefront, with a real income in retirement while minimising costs for the customer.
Join this webinar to hear more from one of the Principal Investigators of this research programme, Dr Catherine Donnelly (Heriot-Watt) and ARC Director, Professor Andrew Cairns.
This webinar (note it will be repeated in the evening) is part of a series to showcase four large research programmes currently running through the ARC, which seek to address some of the significant challenges in actuarial science.
To find out more about the other webinars that will be taking place this Autumn, please visit the ARC webinar series page. You can also book on to all webinars at the same time as booking your place on this webinar.
By joining this webinar you will learn about the objectives of this research programme and some of the early developments since its commencement in 2016. You will be able to ask questions via a live feed to our speakers, joining in the debate wherever you are located in the world.
The “Minimising Longevity and Investment Risk while Optimising Future Pension Plans” research programme has the following aims:
- share risks between customers;
- determine the trade-off between the performance and stability of pension income;
- study how to incorporate and manage illiquid assets that can be used to hedge inflation;
- establish a framework to analyse the trade-off between the performance and stability of pension income in the proposed products;
- determine dynamic econometric models that are suitable for our long-term products; and
- Determine how the dynamic econometric models can be used to optimally time to buy and sell assets.
Further details on this research programme can be found here.
These events are eligible for CPD and a recording of the live webinar will be available to view on our website shortly after the event.
Tuesday 3rd October 09:00-10:00 and again from 17:00-18:00. Further details, including link for booking a place can be found here: https://www.actuaries.org.uk/learn-develop/attend-event/arc-webinar-series-minimising-longevity-and-investment-risk-while-optimising-future-pension-plans