Sustainability and CSR
APR, our partners and our staff are committed to creating a sustainable business, taking account of our economic, social and environmental impacts in the way we operate. We aim to align our business values, purpose and strategy with the needs of our clients, whilst embedding responsibility and ethical principles into our actions with all individuals and organisations we interact with.
APR supports the communities in which our customers, employees and associates live and work. We aim to work with local businesses wherever possible and generally to act as a good neighbour.
To encourage charitable donations we operate a scheme whereby APR matches charity contributions from all employees (whether through Give as You Earn contributions or for sponsored events).
Further, for every 100 days worked on client projects, our employees have the option of spending a working day devoted to local community or charity work. And as a slightly different take on this concept we have, since 2016, also held an annual APR charity day, which has raised a total of more than £70,000 across a number of deserving charities over that period – see details of our 2021 APR charity day for how it works.
A sustainable business
At APR we have a strong desire to make a positive impact by operating in a sustainable way.
To help us achieve this in a manner that is transparent and meaningful to all our stakeholders, we have aligned our sustainability framework with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, and were delighted to have had our progress recognised through achieving the Sustainable X BaseCamp accreditation.
Our approach focuses our resources and effort on four pillars that link our major impact areas. Click on each of the pillar icons to find out more about our progress.
We aim to ensure that we deal responsibly, openly and fairly with clients and potential clients by:
- Ensuring that all of our advertising and documentation about the business and our activities are clear, informative and honest.
- Being open, transparent and honest about our products and services.
- Ensuring that if something goes wrong we will acknowledge the problem and deal with it.
- Listening to our clients so that this can help us improve the products and services we provide.
- Ensuring that we benchmark and objectively evaluate what we do in order to regularly improve our performance.
We will also ensure that we deal responsibly, openly and fairly with suppliers, associates and our employees by:
- Always paying our invoices on time.
- Ensuring our contracts clearly set out the agreed terms, conditions and the basis of our relationship, and operate in a way that safeguards against unfair business practices.
- Operating an equal opportunities policy for all present and potential future employees.
- Providing a safe, fulfilling and rewarding career for all our employees and associates, and provide resources to enable their continual development.