Corporate & Social Responsibility
APR, our partners and our staff are committed to taking account of our economic, social and environmental impact in the way we operate as a business. We aim to align our business values, purpose and strategy with the needs of our clients, whilst embedding responsibility and ethical principles into our actions with all individuals and organisations we interact with.
We are committed to dealing with our clients, suppliers and the local community under principles which support reducing our energy, procurement, transport, water use and other business usage to minimise our carbon footprint and environmental impact.
APR supports the communities in which our customers, employees and associates live and work. We aim to work with local businesses wherever possible and generally to act as a good neighbour.
To encourage charitable donations we operate a scheme whereby APR matches charity contributions from all employees (whether through Give as You Earn contributions or for sponsored events).
Further, for every 100 days worked on client projects, our employees have the option of spending a working day devoted to local community or charity work. And as a slightly different take on this concept we have, since 2016, also held an annual APR charity day, which has raised a total of more than £38,000 across a number of deserving charities over that period – see details of our 2019 APR charity day for how it works.
We aim to ensure that we deal responsibly, openly and fairly with clients and potential clients by:
- Ensuring that all of our advertising and documentation about the business and our activities are clear, informative and honest.
- Being open, transparent and honest about our products and services.
- Ensuring that if something goes wrong we will acknowledge the problem and deal with it.
- Listening to our clients so that this can help us improve the products and services we provide.
- Ensuring that we benchmark and objectively evaluate what we do in order to regularly improve our performance.
We will also ensure that we deal responsibly, openly and fairly with suppliers, associates and our employees by:
- Always paying our invoices on time.
- Ensuring our contracts clearly set out the agreed terms, conditions and the basis of our relationship and will operate in a way that safeguards against unfair business practices.
- Operating an equal opportunities policy for all present and potential future employees.
- Providing a safe, fulfilling and rewarding career for all our employees and associates, and provide resources to enable their continual development.
The nature of APR’s business means that we do not inherently have a high environmental impact; however, we do ensure we consider environmental issues in the professional services we provide and endeavour to reduce our environmental impact wherever practical.
APR is therefore committed to organising our activities reasonably to minimise any negative impact we may cause on the environment. To support this, our CSR policy includes an Environmental Impact statement, along with examples of its application, which applies to all of our operations including management, back-office services, and delivery of services to our clients.
This is embedded as part of APR employees’ induction training programme and covers topics such as minimising harmful emissions, actively promoting recycling and reducing paper usage and awareness of environmental legislation.