APR Exam Results September 2021
We were absolutely thrilled to receive another set of outstanding exam results for exams sat in September and October by our CAA and IFoA student staff. APR IFoA students gained a total of 46 passes out of 48 sittings and there were 10 passes from 14 attempts in the CAA exams.
This represents a new record for APR’s IFoA students with an astonishing 96% of exams passed, up from April 2021’s 88% and double the IFoA-wide pass rate of 48%*.
Special mention goes to:
- Troy Cruickshank, Joe Barnett, and Mujtaba Syed, who all completed their final exam and will become qualified as Fellows of the Institute of Actuaries.
- Sunil Ghosh and Thomas Pycroft, who both sat and passed CS1 as their first IFoA exam, having joined APR in September and taken the exam within mere weeks of starting.
- All nine candidates sitting Specialist Principles and Specialist Advanced exams achieved passes. This is especially impressive considering these are the most difficult exams and overall pass rates for these exams are lower than 50%.
- Michael Scanlon, Craig Lynch, John Nicholls, and Emma McDougall, who each now have just one exam to go before achieving qualification.
Below is a breakdown by exam with a comparison to the exam-wide average:
* “Total” pass rates give the overall (i.e. weighted average) pass rates. IFoA-wide and CAA-wide Total pass rates only include exams which APR students sat.
We hope that all our students had a chance to celebrate over the holidays and that our trend of excellent results continues into 2022 and beyond.