A Fresh Approach to Actuarial Contracting
We have listed below the key aspects of our contracting service which we believe epitomise our approach to developing strong and lasting relationships with our contractor pool. Many agencies offer some of these aspects, but in our experience very few can claim to provide them all.
Access to client projects that suit your skill set
- We can count a large proportion of the UK finance and insurance sector as our clients, giving you access to as wide a range of work as possible.
- As qualified actuaries, we have a deep understanding of the finance and insurance industries, and the actuarial profession, so you can be confident of dealing with people who understand you.
- This understanding, combined with our sophisticated skills matching processes, enable us to accurately match client requirements to your skill-sets, so that we will only contact you for roles where we believe you will be a credible candidate.
Giving you a head start
- We are happy to give contractors access to documents from our technical library to prepare themselves for client projects, and also support contractors with training and CPD.
- We will market you effectively. For those clients where we are on a preferred supplier list, we'd put our record of winning business up against any of our competitors. This includes:
- Taking the time to tailor profiles and CVs to specific roles.
- Real attention to detail to ensure your submission is presented in an error-free and professional manner.
- Getting you submitted for suitable roles very quickly (in our experience, for certain clients this is key to maximising chances).
Helping to make contracting easy
- Where possible, we will support you with travel and accommodation arrangements, making use of our experience in getting the best available deals.
- While many contractors will choose to take their own PI cover for a number of reasons, regardless you will be covered by APR's PI policy.
- We guarantee the timing of monthly payments to you, irrespective of when we receive payment from the client.
- We give you the choice of contracting on a PAYE or Personal Services Company basis. For those contracting via PSCs:
- We believe our contracts are consistent with the principles of IR35.
- We will prepare a monthly "self-bill" invoice for you, meaning you don't need to worry about invoicing us.
Dealing with you professionally
- We guarantee that we will never put your CV forward for a role without your express permission.
- We will keep you updated. We understand there's nothing more frustrating than being submitted for a role and then hearing nothing further. While some of this is outside our control, regular feedback from contractors is that we do this much better - even if it's only to confirm a role is lost - than many of our competitors.
- We aim to have the right amount of contact with you, both while you are on contract with APR and outside - we commit to not bombarding you with irrelevant roles and requests, but will be in touch on a regular basis to keep you up to speed with the market and make sure we are aware of your intentions.
- We won't pressure you to accept a rate, but will be open with you on what a suitable market rate should be for each project; similarly, we will be frank with the client where we believe their rate expectations are unrealistic.